This is a delightful cake with irresistible creamy frosting that is super easy to make and a great way to use up some over ripe bananas.
I love banana desserts, banana muffins and breads and I just love bananas.
However, sometimes I like to try a little something new.
Ingredients of AMIEs BANANA Muffins with Cream Cheese frosting
- Prepare 200 grams of baking flour.
- It’s 8 grams of baking powder.
- It’s 80 grams of sifted sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 150 ml of fresh milk.
- It’s 150 grams of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of medium banana.
- It’s 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of sugar sprinkles (optional).
- It’s of topping.
- It’s 100 grams of softened butter.
- It’s 300 grams of cream cheese.
- You need 100 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 2 of bananas.
- Prepare 1 of ground cinnamon.
AMIEs BANANA Muffins with Cream Cheese frosting step by step
- Heat the oven to 200ºC. Put 12 paper cases in a muffin tin. Mash the banana (puree) with the lemon juice. Set aside..
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix well together. Add the sugar, oil, milk and yogurt, stirring continously until blended. Put the egg and whisk together. Add the banana puree and stir until well combined..
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until 2/3 full. Scatter the sugar sprinkles on top of each cake. Bake for about 20 minutes until firm and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack..
- To make the icing, put the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat together. Gently stir in the icing sugar..
- Spoon the icing on top of each cake. When ready to serve, slice the bananas and put 2 or 3 slices on top. Sprinkle over a little ground cinnamon. Serve..
Cream cheese frosting can be a little tricky to get right, but over the years, I’ve learned the perfect ratio of ingredients as well as the best technique.
To make the frosting, mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped.
Spread onto completely cooled muffins, or place into a large pastry bag with a large star tip and go crazy!
Though we often enjoy banana bread, we never made muffins out of a banana bread recipe.
So, today I share with you our new favorite banana bread recipe in muffin form with a delicious and easy cream cheese frosting.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com