The Ultimate Breakfast Frittata is perfect for weekends and celebrations!
It’s easy to make and You are in for a breakfast treat with my Ultimate Breakfast Frittata!
Easy breakfast frittata recipe made in the oven.
Ingredients of Breakfast Frittata
- You need 2-3 T of evoo.
- It’s of At least half of a medium onion (sweet are best, but any are OK).
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- You need 1/3 c of mushrooms.
- You need 1/5 of of a green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/5 of of a red bell pepper.
- You need 1/5 of of a zucchini.
- Prepare 1/3 c of broccoli or cauliflower stems.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s of Fresh ground black pepper.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 T of Garlic powder.
- It’s 2 of large eggs + 4 oz egg whites (mixed).
Breakfast Frittata instructions
- Heat an 8” sauté pan to medium high.
- Add the EVOO.
- Chop (to a small dice) all ingredients [I start with the onion, then the carrot since it takes longer to soften, then lower the heat to low. Cover the pan after each addition.].
- When the last vegetable is added, cover the pan and turn the heat back to medium for 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat to low. Remove the cover, stir the ingredients to get the onions off the bottom, then add Italian seasoning [I use a grinder for all except the garlic] salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir again..
- Having mixed the eggs and egg whites, pour them into the pan, turn the heat back to medium and replace the cover for 3 more minutes..
- Turn on a broiler and place the uncovered pan as close as possible to the heat source for 3 to 5 minutes until the top is firm and somewhat browned..
- Divide as you wish for up to 3 servings..
- Note: I use a cast iron skillet; the glass lid that fits it from a pot; a wooden spoon to stir it; and a plastic spatula to divide and serve it. The rest of the meal is half a grapefruit, a bran muffin and black coffee. Needless to say there are many ways this can be adapted to fit a palate or a diet..
The Best Vegetarian Breakfast Frittata Recipes on Yummly
Breakfast Frittata, Quinoa Breakfast Frittata, Breakfast Frittata Pizza.
I had this Frittata for breakfast yesterday.
N and I literally fought over it because we both wanted the bigger share.
There is no limit to what you can add to a frittata.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com