Ingredients of Breakfast Quesadillas
- You need 2 Tbs. of Avocado or Olive Oil (Divided).
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion, Diced.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Corn.
- It’s 1 (15 oz.) of Can of Black Beans (Drained & Rinsed).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Salt (Divided).
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp. of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp. of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 8 of Large Eggs.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Milk.
- Prepare 20 of Medium Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Cheese of Your Choice.
Breakfast Quesadillas step by step
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl, EXCEPT the black pepper and half of the salt. Set aside..
- Add 1 Tbs. of oil to large nonstick skillet on Medium Heat. Add onions. Cook for about 3 minutes or until they start to soften. Add the Corn, Minced Garlic, and the all the Spices in the bowl. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened – about 4 Minutes. Place into a bowl and set aside..
- In a Large Bowl, Add Eggs, Milk, the remaining 1/4 tsp. of Salt, and the Black Pepper. Whisk until mixed. In the same Skillet, Over Medium Heat, add the other Tbs. of Oil. Cook Eggs, stirring frequently, until done – about 4 Minutes. Turn heat down to Low..
- Add the Veggies back into the skillet with the Eggs. Add the can of Black Beans & Stir to combine. Transfer to a large bowl & cover to keep warm..
- If necessary, wipe out the skillet. Spray skillet with cooking oil, or just evenly spread on a small amount of oil. Turn up heat to Medium to Medium High. While pan is heating, assemble quesadillas. Lay one tortilla on a plate, layer a small portion of cheese on it, enough to cover tortilla but leaving an inch or so border around the edge. Add about a tenth of the egg mixture, again leaving an inch border. Add another layer of cheese, and then top with second tortilla..
- Carefully add assembled quesadilla to the hot pan. Cook about 6 – 7 Minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat process for the remaining quesadillas..
- Enjoy with your favorite sides and toppings; Salsa, Sour Cream, Avocados, etc. I love eating mine with Sriracha Sauce. 😋.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME