Hash brown potatoes are baked in a creamy, cheesy sauce for a brunch main dish or a nice side for dinner.
In the center of each hash brown nest, add a teaspoon of grated cheese, and then top with one egg.
Using a butter knife, run it around the edges of each hash brown nest and gently remove it.
Ingredients of Cheesy hash brown egg nests
- You need 20 oz of Frozen hash browns thawed.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheese (I used habanero cheddar ).
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil divided.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 6 small of cremini mushrooms chopped (about 1 cup).
- You need 1 cup of ham diced.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh spinach chopped.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Cheesy hash brown egg nests instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl mix potatoes, half the cheese and half of the oil..
- Spray muffin pan with non stick spray..
- In a 6 cup muffin pan evenly divide potatoes and press to form the “nests”.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool when done..
- While potatoes cook saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until softened. About 6 minutes..
- Add the mushrooms and cook 6 minutes more..
- Add the ham and cook until heated through. About 5 minutes..
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. About 3 minutes..
- In a small bowl scramble eggs and whisk in the cream. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour even amounts of eggs into the potato cups..
- Add the mushroom ham mixture to the potates and top with remaining cheese..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- When done let cool 10 minutes. Carefully remove the potato nests and serve immediately..
Egg bites, a.k.a. egg muffins, are easy to love.
They’re portable, protein-packed, and customizable depending on what you like (or what happens to be in But what makes this recipe extra special is the hash brown crust.
Crispy potatoes form the perfect cup and transform theses bites into a full meal.
So cue the Cheesy Hash Brown Cups with Baked Eggs!
The real beauty here is that not only are these cups super filling, but they’re also easily So grab the taters, cheese, eggs and herbs and get ready for the ultimate meal in a muffin cup!
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com