This cheesy vegetarian overnight breakfast casserole is an easy vegetarian breakfast option to serve overnight guests on busy holiday mornings.
A super simple veggie loaded breakfast casserole that’s easily customizable!
I loaded mine with shredded potato hash browns, tons of fresh veggies, and a big dash of hot sauce!
Ingredients of Cheesy Veggie Breakfast Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of Italian breakfast sausage.
- You need 1 dozen of eggs.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of zucchini, chopped small.
- It’s 1 medium of yellow squash, chopped small.
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or blend).
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian blend seasoning.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
Cheesy Veggie Breakfast Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a medium pan (or microwave), brown sausage. Drain and set aside in a bowl..
- In same pan, cook bacon until almost crisp, drain and add all veggies and onions. Cook until soft..
- If necessary drain any additional grease. Turn off heat and stir in sausage, seasonings and cream cheese until well combined..
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until well mixed. Pour into a 13×9 casserole dish sprayed well with cooking spray..
- Drop meat mixture into eggs by spoonfuls, spreading it out as you go so that it is well spread out and eggs are throughout also..
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 35 minutes..
- Uncover and sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese beginning to brown..
- Let rest for about 5-10 minutes to cool. Serve with favorite toppings such as chopped tomatoes, sour cream, salsa. Enjoy!.
The overnight cooking method makes this a winner in my house!
Honestly, it saves so much time in the morning and I’m still full till lunch!
Whip up this easy vegetarian hash brown breakfast casserole on Sunday and you’re can fly out the door for work with a filling, nutritional.
Choose between sausage sausage casseroles or sweet french toast casseroles and everything in between.
The best part about breakfast casseroles is that most of the prep work can be done ahead of time.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com