Cream cheese is a soft, usually mild-tasting fresh cheese made from milk and cream.
Stabilizers such as carob bean gum and carrageenan are often added in industrial production.
Similarly, under Canadian Food and Drug.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese & Cranberry Muffins
- It’s 120 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need 60 grams of Dried cranberries.
- It’s 150 grams of Plain white flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of Butter.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 190 ml of Milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Cream Cheese & Cranberry Muffins instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Warm the butter to room temperature to soften..
- In a second bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together..
- Beat the egg and add to the second bowl with the butter and sugar. Mix well and don’t worry if the mixture is lumpy..
- Add the contents of the first bowl to the second with the milk and mix. I used 190 ml this time. Adjust the quantity of milk to the size of the egg. So at first, just add 150 ml then keep adding little by little until the batter is smooth like pancake mix..
- Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners (or if you don’t have any, lightly grease with butter) and add about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each cup. Add the cream cheese, about 10 g for each muffin. (If you’re using blocks of Kiri Cream Cheese, then cut each one in half and add half a block to each muffin). Scatter cranberries on top..
- Cover the muffins with 2 more tablespoons of batter. If you do it this way, the cheese will melt into the cake and you don’t have to worry about burning the cranberries. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes..
- Once baked, take out of the oven and leave for 5 minutes. Since they contain a lot of milk, the muffins will be quite soft so they will be easier to take out of the tray if you leave them for a while..
- Chill in the refrigerator..
- 10 minutes after removing them from the oven, I tried one and the cheese was nice and melted. Of course they’re great just out of the oven but they’re also delicious cooled. You could eat them warm the next day by either warming them in the oven at 50°C for 3-5 minutes or microwaving one at a time for 20-30 seconds..
- The muffin pan I used was just 2 cm deep so I could make 12 muffins, but if you use a regular pan you’ll only get 9..
- These muffins are great if you use dried fruit such as blueberries, cherries or cranberries soaked in rum or brandy..
Here’s a related recipe for Cream Cheese and Cranberry Bread.
Given its crumbly texture, to use ricotta as a substitute for cream cheese, you will have to mix it with an equal amount of yogurt, to attain the right texture required to make dips or in baking.
However, when used for cooking gravies, it can be used as-is.
Explore all PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese products.
Find a variety of cream cheese bricks, spreads, whips, delightful desserts and snacks.
Browse recipes for any time of day with help from My Food and Family.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com