Stuffed French Toast: Stuffed French Toast is a delicious twist on your favorite classic breakfast.
The sweet cream cheese filling is a delightful surprise between to crispy pan fried pieces of hearty bread.
We love topping them with fresh berries, homemade whipped cream and warmed maple syrup but the options are endless.
Ingredients of Creamy, fruity stuffed French toast hearts
- Prepare 3 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of a couple drops pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of raspberry or strawberry preserves.
- It’s 1 cup of pure maple syrup.
- You need 8 slice of bread.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Creamy, fruity stuffed French toast hearts step by step
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla and set near stove..
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and preserves, set aside..
- Warm the syrup in a small saucepan over low heat or in a microwave on high for 1 minute..
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over four slices of bread and top with remaining bread slices..
- Cut each Sammy using a 4 inch heart shaped cookie cutter..
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip the hearts in the egg mixture and cook on skillet until golden brown..
- Serve the hearts with the warm syrup..
Make the egg mixture – Begin by adding all the ingredients for the egg mixture into a shallow bowl.
Prep the strawberries – In another small bowl, mix together the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice until just combined.
Make the stuffing – In a third small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest.
In shallow dish, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
Add bread in single layer; soak until egg is absorbed, flipping halfway through.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com