See more Christmas dessert recipes at Tesco Real Food.
A lighter take on the traditional bread and butter pudding from Kevin Dundon.
Arrange a single layer of croissant chunks, slightly overlapping, in the bottom of the buttered dish.
Ingredients of Croissant bread and butter pudding
- You need 8 of croissants.
- Prepare 1 of Butter- enough to spread on the 8 croissants.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 pints of warmed milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sultanas.
- Prepare 1 of Nutmeg.
Croissant bread and butter pudding instructions
- **YOU WILL NEED A PIE DISH**.
- Cut the croissants in half, butter them and place the pieces back together again..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Place the croissants in the pie dish, alternating with the sultanas..
- Beat the eggs, and then mix in the warmed milk and sugar..
- Pour the liquids into the pie dish and let it soak into the croissants for about 5 minutes..
- Grate some nutmeg on top..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes..
Of course, it’s a perfect way to use up less than perfectly fresh croissants, as well.
Here is a recipe for a croissant bread pudding.
Be sure that the baking tin is greased with butter.
This easy bread pudding is made with croissants and sweetened condensed milk.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until well blended.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com