Great for brunch or an after dinner treat!
I love bread pudding and I love chocolate croissants.
Croissants would make an over the top bread pudding.
Ingredients of Croissant Bread Pudding
- You need 3 of extra large eggs.
- It’s 8 of extra large egg yolks.
- Prepare 5 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 6 of croissants, preferably stale.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Croissant Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, half and half, sugar and vanilla. Set aside custard mixture. Slice the croissants in half horizontally. In a 10 by 15 by 21/2inch making dish, distribute the bottoms if the sliced croissants, then add raisins, then tops of the croissants. Be sure the raisins are between the layers of the croissants or they will burn. Pour custard over the croissants and soak for 10 minutes..
- place the pan in a larger one filed with 1 inch water. Cover the larger pan with foil. Cut a few holes in foil to allow steam out..
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pudding puffs up and custard is set. Serve warm or at room temp..
How To Make Tres Leches Croissant Bread Pudding.
Place croissant cubes into a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk, whole milk, and cinnamon.
They’ll think you’ve gone gourmet when you place this Croissant Bread Pudding on the table.
This recipe is a variation of Ina Garten’s Bread pudding recipe.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com