This Shakshuka Recipe is a popular Middle Eastern breakfast that is basically poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce – it’s vegetarian, easy It’s made with poached eggs in a spicy tomato sauce.
The best thing about a Shakshuka recipe for me is the sauce.
It has simple vegetables (usually just.
Ingredients of Easy eggs and tomatoes breakfast dish (shakshuka)
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 small of tomatoes or 3 large ones, diced.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 of multicoloured bell peppers, diced (optional).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, diced.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of cheese.
Easy eggs and tomatoes breakfast dish (shakshuka) instructions
- Dice your tomatoes, onion, garlic and bell peppers if you chose to add them. It doesn’t matter if they’re in bigger or smaller chunks, just cut them as you like them in your salad..
- Put an old pan on a high fire. Add the ingridients you cut in the previous step, no need for oil, and cover the pan for 2-3 minutes. After that, you’ll start seeing some fluids – that’s exactly what you want! At this point you need to add any time of cheese you want, I usually add a piece or two of gouda but any type of cheese you have in your fridge will do. Let it melt down and have a little tatse – add pepper and salt accordingly. You can also add paprika, chili powder, kajon or whatever you want..
- After the cheese melted and you like the taste of your tomatoes, add the eggs slowly and carefully. Cover the pan and let it cook of around 4-7 minutes, depends on how you like your fried eggs..
- That’s it! Your dish is ready to serve. You can either serve in the pan itself (like I like to do) or plate it nicely. You can add some parsly as garnish, bacon bits or more chunks of cheese..
Shakshouka (or shakshuka) loosely translates to “all mixed up” in Arabic, and hints at the potent spice and exotic flavors.
This one-pot-wonder of a dish also goes by the name “eggs in purgatory”.
This North African dish features eggs fried in a spiced tomato and bell pepper sauce.
The best breakfast egg dish ever!
Vegetarian shakshuka is a one-pan egg and tomato dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com