We’ve long loved the idea of pre-making things like breakfast sandwiches, delicious wraps, and burritos and keeping them in the freezer until the morning you need to nuke them and head to the Hit the link below for the step by step.
How to Make Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
I’ve been making these freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches for quite a few years now, I love having them as a super easy and healthy (if you play your cards right) breakfast option.
Ingredients of Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of fresh baby spinach chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 6 of English Muffins.
- Prepare 6 of slicescheddarcheese or any cheese you like.
Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches instructions
Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 911 casserole dish with cooking spray or coat with butter or coconut oil.
Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saut pan, add onion along with pinch of salt. Saut until onions are translucent. Add in peppers and garlic and cook for another two minutes.
Add in chopped spinach with a bit more salt and pepper, stir and cook until spinach has wilted down. Shut off heat and let veggies cool a bit..
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and then slowly stir the cooled veggie mixture into the eggs.
Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces.
Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place into the freezer for up to 3 months..
- Camping- wrapped in aluminum foil place all sandwiches in ziplock bag and freeze them overnight,when leaving in the morning place everything in the cooler on the top so nothing Smashing the sandwiches when ready to cook them placed them on the grill. This is how I did it, and cooked these up the first morning of camping, they had defrosted very nicely and was still cold. Don’t place right under the flames..
- I did mushrooms and spinach instead of bell peppers because my kids don’t like bell peppers you do you and make it your own..
Your family will thank you for it!! (I used a mason jar lid).
Build your sandwiches: Bread, egg, cheese, bread.
Gluten Free Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches.
Healthy Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches are make-ahead and whole-food friendly.
Whole-grain English Muffins, farm fresh eggs and homemade turkey sausage make this the ultimate breakfast sandwich.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com