You can make a tropical french toast by using a pineapple cream cheese layer with bananas and coconut, or use a mixed berry cream cheese with fresh raspberries and blueberries.
For the apple-berry compote: Combine the apple cider and sugar in a medium saucepan.
Top with apple-berry compote and dollop some apple-mascarpone cream on the side.
Ingredients of French toast with cream cheese and Berry compote
- It’s 4 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 100 gm of full fat soft cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of icing sugar.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare of Berry compote.
- It’s 4 slices of day old bread.
- Prepare of Butter.
French toast with cream cheese and Berry compote step by step
- Put the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and golden caster sugar into a large, deep dish and whisk together..
- Beat the soft cheese with the icing sugar until spreadable. Spread the soft cheese over 2 slices of bread, drizzle with 1 tbsp compote then sandwich with remaining bread. Submerge the sandwich into the egg mix and allow to sit for 30 secs before carefully turning it over and soaking the other side..
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan until foaming, then cook the sandwiches for 3-4 mins on each side until golden and slightly puffed. Slice in half and serve with extra blackberry compote and a scoop of ice cream if you like..
You don’t need an excuse to make baked french toast casserole.
Especially when it’s stuffed with cream cheese and.
Cheese Stuffed French Toast With Strawberry Sauce.
Mix berries, sugar, and lemon juice in medium pan over low heat crushing and stirring berries until they form a thick sauce.
Lay out slices and spread compote in between each slice then on top.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com