Cold butter is combined with flour, baking powder and soda, sugar.
Serve this simple, flaky, buttery Garlic & Cheese Scones and make your high tea more interesting.
Learn the easy way to bake Garlic Scones at home by Megha.
Ingredients of garlic scones
- You need 2 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/3 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of english mustard.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
garlic scones step by step
- grease and flour 2 baking trays and pre heat oven to 160°c.
- mix flour salt pepper and baking powder together..
- cube butter and either in a blender or by hand rub together with dry ingredients until a fine bread crumb effect is achieved..
- add milk and mustard to form a springy dough..
- with floured hands ball up the dough. work together but do not kneed. over working the dough will toughen it..
- on a floured surface roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick..
- cut into rounds and place on baking trays. brush with milk..
- bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 mins or golden on top..
- when baked cool on a wire rack..
- serve when cool with good butter and cheese. or with soup. if you prefer serve hot by cutting and toasting. this is better than serving fresh hot….
- change ingredients… add cheese… or fruit etc to the basic recipe… omitting the garlic obviously if making sweet. mine’s the garlic option. ;-D.
Add the oil, the curdled soya milk and the garlic.
Stir in the garlic and parsley, until evenly dispersed.
Rub in the butter, then add the cheese.
Stir in the cheese and chopped garlic, then the milk to get a soft dough.
Turn on to a floured work Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com