Directions for: Savory Garlic Scones with Cheesy Herb Spread.
These scones are rich, crumbly but soft, made with a hard northern flour, butter, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, and egg–and savory garlic and rosemary.
Serve this simple, flaky, buttery Garlic & Cheese Scones and make your high tea more interesting.
Ingredients of Herb garlic scones
- You need of For the scones.
- It’s 250 g of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 6 g of baking powder.
- You need 35 g of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 75 g of cold unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 110 g of cold milk.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of herbs (I used dried parsley).
- You need of For garlic mixture.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 10 g of unsalted butter.
Herb garlic scones step by step
- Make butter garlic mixture by sautéing minced garlic and 10g of butter. Set aside until mixture is cool..
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add in sugar and mix until even..
- Cut in 75g cold unsalted butter into the flour. Rub till butter is pea-sized, similar to making pie dough. Make sure to work quickly so that butter doesn’t melt..
- Combine egg yolk and milk together, then add it to butter-flour mixture. Mix slightly then add dried parsley and cooled garlic, and mix till incorporated..
- Shape the dough into a big square (you can eyeball.. about 1cm thick), and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up..
- Cut the dough into 9 smaller squares. Optional: you can brush the scones with some milk and sprinkle more herbs on top. Bake at 180 deg celsius for 20-25 minutes..
To make the Herb Scones: Sift the flour in a bowl, rub in the butter until the mixture is like Add the onion and garlic on top of the cooked beef.
In a small bowl mix together the plum jam, vinegar, stock.
It has regular roots, flattened stem, narrow leaves.
Garlic is the remedy of choice in more diseases than any other herb.
Asparagus And Herb Scrambled Eggs, Herb Scones, Herbed Biscuit Egg Bake, etc. may also like: Pecorino, Garlic & Herb Scones Homemade Garlic & Cheese Croutons Related.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com