Ingredients of Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Cornmeal.
- You need 1/2 Cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/8 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 6 Tbsp of Cooled Melted Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Stevia (or Sugar).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- You need 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s 1 Cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 1/2 of Chopped Jalapeño Peppers.
Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin dish with nonstick spray. (I typically wait until I’m about to put the batter in the muffin pan to spray it.).
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In separate bowl mix together slightly cooled and melted butter, oil, honey, and stevia. Then whisk in the egg and finally whisk in the buttermilk. (I don’t have or keep buttermilk but you can use a substitute. Mix 2tsp white vinegar into regular milk of your choice to make 1 cup total. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.) Then add your chili peppers and mix..
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry but try not to over mix it. Fill the cups all the way, unless you want smaller muffins. 🙂 Optional addition of shredded cheese and/or a sliced of jalapeño on top..
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes and then drop the temperature to 350 degrees while the muffins stay in the oven, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME