Ingredients of Japanese Rolled Omelette (Dashimaki-Tamago)
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of *60 ml dashi (bonito soup stock or 60ml water + 1 tsp dashi powder).
- It’s of *1 tsp potato starch (or corn starch).
- You need 1/2~1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
Japanese Rolled Omelette (Dashimaki-Tamago) instructions
- Mix the * ingredients in a bowl well and beat the eggs in it and whisk. Add soy sauce and salt. (to make a sweeter one, add about 1 Tbsp sugar when beating the eggs) You can season it to suit your tastes..
- Heat the 1 Tbsp oil in a pan over medium heat and pour 1/3 of the mixture and move it around to cover the pan. When the bottom is set but the surface is still soft, start rolling from the top..
- After rolling, push it to the back and add oil to the pan again and mix well the mixture and pour remaining half of the mixture. Repeat one more the above process..
- Cook until fully set but still moist. Brown the surface slightly to your reference..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME