Ingredients of Lemon Muffins
- It’s 14 oz of Self-raising Flour.
- You need 5 oz of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 tsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 150 ml of oil.
- Prepare 300 ml of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of Grated rind of one lemon.
- Prepare 120 ml of lemon curd.
- Prepare 1 of Sugar for sprinkling.
Lemon Muffins instructions
- Heat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas 5. Line a 12 whole muffin tin with paper cases..
- Sieve the flour into a bowl mix in the sugar, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds..
- Mix together the egg, sunflower oil, milk, vanilla extract and grated rind of one lemon in a bowl..
- Make a well in the flour and sugar mix add ¾ of the liquid mix into the centre of the well in the flour mix then stir in until just mixed and lumpy (this gives the muffins that lovely moist crumbly texture)..
- Fill the muffin cases half full with the batter then place 1 tsp of lemon curd on top then top up the muffin cases with remaining muffin batter..
- Place in the pre heated oven on the middle shelf DO NOT SLAM the door. Bake for 10-15 minutes until risen and firm..
- When ready, remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with sugar then allow to cool..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME