Everything is more fun in muffin form.
Presented in portable sizes, the macaroni and cheese snacks make for perfect appetisers, lunchbox additions or engaging dinners.
The addition of eggs helps the muffins hold their shape and ensures that they retain their moisture and viscosity even when cold.
Ingredients of Macaroni and cheese muffins
- It’s 2 cup of whole grain macaroni.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli florets, uncooked.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
Macaroni and cheese muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan or add cupcake liners.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt butter and add flour. Whisk together over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Gradually add milk to butter and flour. Whisk constantly for 10 minutes over medium heat until it begins to thicken.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in most of cheese and all of the macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill muffin cups with 2 tablespoons of mac and cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of broccoli or peas to each cup.
- On top of the vegetables, fill each muffin cup with remaining mac and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika and cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until muffins begin to brown.
These macaroni and cheese muffins are easy to make with one bowl and a great snack or side dish.
The next time you have leftover macaroni and cheese you should make these macaroni and cheese muffins.
Macaroni and cheese is one of the most loved family meals of all time.
These Macaroni and Cheese Muffins are a fun way to change up your kid’s favorite dinner.
They’re perfect to pack in a lunchbox or for an after school snack!
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com