In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until.
Though I named this recipe Mexican Breakfast Casserole, you could also call it Mexican Egg Casserole or Mexican Egg Bake.
Essentially, it is eggs mixed with cream, cheese, and pre-cooked vegetables and baked in a casserole dish.
Ingredients of Mexican Breakfast Cassarole
- Prepare of all ingredients.
- It’s 1 packages of Bob Evans sausage regular.
- Prepare 1 packages of Bob Evans Maple Sausage.
- It’s 1 large of Vadallia Onion.
- You need 2 each of sweet red peppers.
- You need 1 each of green bell pepper.
- It’s 4 of jalapeÃ±o diced. with or without seeds.
- You need 4 medium of Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 large of bag of hashbrowns.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 large of bag of cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 large of bag of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flake.
- Prepare 3 can of of grands bisquits.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano.
Mexican Breakfast Cassarole instructions
- Ground sausage and While sausage is cooking dice your veggies. Then add diced onions and all peppers until cooked. Then drain. Put back in pan. Add 1/2 cup of milk and the cream cheese. Add all your seasons. Let simmer until creamy. Once done add your diced tomatoes..
While mixture is simmering take bisquits as needed to cover bottom of pan. Flatten out bisquits a bit to make a fully covered bottom layer of the baking pan.
Now put your hasbrowns on and fry them as normal to golden brown and done. Drain them. Take eggs and milk and beat together in a bowl..
- Take the sausage and pepper/onion mix and pour over bisquits in the pan. Take the beaten eggs and pour over the sausage mix. Then layer the cheeses using half of each bags of cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese..
- Then take the cooked hasbrowns and spread across on top of the cheeses. Now add the other half bag of the cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes..
- After the 30 minutes take out of oven and remove foil. Take the rest of your bisquits and split apart by pulling them apart into two pieces. Layer the top with the bisquits. Cover best you can all over. Bake for additional 10 minutes or so until bisquits are done and golden brown. Absolutely amazing!!.
Overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole is a tasty alternative to the traditional overnight breakfast casserole.
This easy, make ahead breakfast is packed with flavor and is sure to please!
I am not big on making huge breakfasts.
Mexican Egg Casserole Tomatoes and green chiles give color and zip to this extra-cheesy egg bake.
It’s a favorite for breakfast or brunch but it can be enjoyed for lunch or supper, too. —Mary Steiner, West Bend, Wisconsin Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole “Very good!
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com