Clotted cream, sometimes also called Devonshire or Cornish cream, is a thick cream that often accompanies After separating the clotted cream from the liquid cream and then chilling the clotted cream Fresh, homemade clotted cream is such a treat, especially with scones, jam, and tea!
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
To serve, cut the scones in half and spread with butter, then with clotted cream, then with strawberry jam.
Ingredients of Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream
- You need 375 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 95 grams of butter.
- You need 25 grams of caster sugar.
- You need of semi skimmed milk.
- You need of strawberry jam.
- It’s 1 packages of clotted cream.
Mini scones with Jam and clotted cream instructions
- Rub the butter and the flour together until a breadcrumb-like consistency, then add the sugar and mix..
- Pour a little bit of milk in at a time and bring together until you have formed a dough ball.
- Onto a floured surface, knead the dough til it’s about half an inch thick and cut out using a fairly tiny (sorry, don’t know measurements!!) scone cutter..
- Place scones evenly onto a greased baking tray. Glaze with egg wash and a sprinkle of sugar and bake in the oven at 160°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden..
- Once cooked and cooled, cut the scones in half, spreading jam on one side and clotted cream on the other and place back together..
- Serve as required. A little icing sugar for decoration is recommended..
Snijd ze open, besmeer ze met clotted cream of mascarpone en jam en dien onmiddellijk op.
Scones Filled with Jam Recipe & Video.
As I get older, I find it fascinating how I remember some things from my past so vividly, while other seemingly important experiences have I remember splitting my scone in half and spreading each half with jam and lots of clotted cream.
Traditional English scones are barely sweet — they are usually eaten with sweet jam and clotted cream — and they are lighter, flakier and tastier than their American counterparts.
Brush the top of each scone with a bit of cream and sprinkle with a little of the remaining sugar.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com