I grew up an hour north of Manhattan’s Grand Central Station, where, during high school, my standard order at my suburban local.
Omurice or omu-rice (オムライス, Omu-raisu) is an example of yōshoku (Western-influenced style of Japanese cuisine) consisting of an omelet made with fried rice and thin, fried scrambled eggs.
How to make an easy omelet rice (Japanese omurice).
Ingredients of My Omurice
- Prepare of omellete.
- Prepare 1 each of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need of fried rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 slice of apple (small slice) peeled and chopped finely.
- It’s 1/4 of tomatoes sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of shallots sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion sliced.
- It’s 2 small of chillies chopped finely (just 1 if you don’t like spicy).
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 small of amount of shredded chicken.
My Omurice instructions
- put a tablespoon of butter on the pan, melted it and put in the onions, shallots, apples, garlic, chillies, and tomatoes. Saute them until smells good and the tomatoes dissolved..
- put in the shredded chicken and stir evenly. you may subtitute it with sausages or any protein you like, because I’m just using leftovers chicken..
- put in the rice, add another tablespoon of butter, stir them evenly until it colors evenly add salt and pepper to taste. set aside.
- beat the egg, add some salt and pepper..
- melted some butter in the pan, put in the egg and spread it all over the pan.
- add the shredded cheese onto the still half cooked egg on pan. when it’s still runny take it off the heat and put it on the served fried rice. Let the runny part touch the rice so it will soaked the rice and reduce the heat, or you can fold the rice inside the omellete.
- I use much cheese to make the egg creamy and balance the heat from the fried rice..
Omurice is a great healthy and delicious recipe suitable for all ages.
Who doesn’t love Egg + Rice?
Today I’m finally sharing my omurice recipe with you all!!!
Thank you so much for being patient with me, I just wanted to make this recipe as easy and simple omurice recipe possible that you can find.
Omurice is a simple yet delicious dish my mother used to make for my sister and I.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com