Ingredients of Oat Scones
- It’s of Dry.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rolled oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, dried currants, or other fruits or nuts.
- You need of Wet.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
Oat Scones step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt butter until fully liquid. Set it aside to give it time to cool a little.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or two.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Make well in the center..
- In a small bowl, beat egg until frothy. Stir in the remaining wet ingredients, being careful to not let the butter cook the egg..
- Pour wet ingredients into the well in the dry, and mix gently to create a soft dough.
- Pat dough into two 1/2 inch thick circles on the prepared baking sheet(s)..
- Score each circle in 8 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes. Serve scones warm, or store covered to prevent them from drying out..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME