With a fluffy omelette covering a bed of savory sweet chicken fried rice, omurice (オムライス) is a modern Japanese classic that kids love.
If you’re anything like me and secretly enjoy covering your scrambled eggs in ketchup, then you’ll love Omurice.
With sweet and savory chicken and tomato fried.
Ingredients of Omurice! Japanese Omlet Rice
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 oz of Chopped Chicken (115 g).
- It’s 1/2 of Chopped Onion.
- You need 2/3 cup of Mixed vegetables.
- You need 445 g of Cooked Rice (1 lb).
- Prepare 1/2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 Tbsp of tomato catsup.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 8 Tbsp of milk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
Omurice! Japanese Omlet Rice step by step
- Put butter in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion until cooked..
- Add and fry the mixed vegetables, rice and rest of the filling ingredients. Set aside..
- Beat eggs and add milk, salt and pepper..
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Cook 1/4 egg mixture like a crepe..
- Carefully spoon 1/4 of the rice filling over one half of the omelet. Flip the omelet over to cover the rice filling! Repeat with rest of the ingredients..
- Drizzle tomato catsup on the omurice if you like..
For those unfamiliar with omurice, it’s a Japanese invention that combines an omelette with fried rice.
You’ll often hear it referred to as omuraisu (a contraction of the words omuretsu and raisu, the Japanese pronunciations.
This omurice recipe suits Asian themed parties as well as western brunches.
In this recipe, the Japanese fried rice is wrapped in the egg omelette and This also can be made with the leftover rice.
Serve Omurice Recipe (Japanese Omelette Rice) as a fusion breakfast or as an after school/work.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com