Today I’m going to introduce you to a popular dish that came to Korea from Japan called omurice, or omeu-raiseu: 오므라이스 in Korean.
Omurice, a beloved staple of Japanese home cooking, is a linguistic and literal mash-up of omelet and rice A plain omelet cloaks ketchup-flavored fried rice, often called “chicken rice” even when it’s made.
With a fluffy omelette covering a bed of savory sweet chicken fried rice, omurice (オムライス) is a modern Japanese classic that kids love.
Ingredients of Omurice (Omelette rice)
- It’s of 🍅 rice.
- Prepare of 🍅 tomato paste.
- Prepare of 🍅 tomatoes.
- It’s of 🍅 garlic.
- You need of 🍅 parsley [fresh].
- It’s of 🍅 chicken breast.
- Prepare of 🍅 butter.
- It’s of 🍅 salt & pepper.
- Prepare of 🍅 Eggs.
Omurice (Omelette rice) step by step
- Combine on blender: Tomato paste, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside..
- In a pan, cook the seasoned chicken. [Cut into cubes or bite size].
- In the pan, add the butter, the rice & the sauce you blended..
- Scramble the eggs then put the rice in it..
It’s surprisingly easy to make at home.
Here are two recipes—one with ketchup.
Butter, carrot, celery, cheddar cheese, eggs, garlic, green bell pepper, green chili pepper, ground black pepper, ketchup, onion, red bell pepper, rice, salt, smoked sausage, vegetable oil, white mushrooms.
Omurice or omu-rice (オムライス, Omu-raisu) is an example of yōshoku (Western-influenced style of Japanese cuisine) consisting of an omelet made with fried rice and thin, fried scrambled eggs, usually topped with ketchup.
Omurice comes from two words, omelette + rice.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com