Madurai style salna or parotta salna is very famous in roadside hotels of Tamilnadu.
This plain veg salna taste excellent with parottas, chapathis and dosas. please try this recipe and give us your.
Parotta Salna is a popular street food here in hotels in Tamil Nadu….
Ingredients of Parotta with salna & onion omelette
- Prepare 2 cup of Maida-.
- It’s 50 ml of Milk-.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar-.
- It’s As per taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Onion-.
- Prepare 2 of Tomato-.
- You need 2 Spoon of Ginger Garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of Green chilli-.
- It’s leaves of Curry.
- You need 1 of Coriander powder-.
- You need 1 of Red chilli powder-.
- Prepare 1/2cup of Grated coconut-.
- You need 2 of Cinnamon-.
- It’s 4 of Cloves-.
- Prepare 4 of Cardamom-.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds-.
- You need 1 tsp of Poppy seeds-.
- It’s 6 of Cashews-.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of Oil-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel seeds-.
Parotta with salna & onion omelette instructions
- Parotta making: In a bowl add maida,milk,water,sugar & salt. Mix well into a dough ball..
- Apply oil on the dough and cover it by the wet cloth upto 1 hr..
- After 1 hr take dough and make them into the small sized balls without any crack. Again cover all small sized balls wit the wet cloth and also apply oil to the balls before cover it. Soak upto another 1 hr.
- Take the balls out and make the parottas. Put it on the hot tawa. Now our parottas are ready..
- Salna preparation: on the pan pour oil 3 tb.spn. add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds, green chilli, curry leaves, ginger & garlic paste.
- After 3 mins add onion wait for the onion becomes golden brown now add tomatos and the masalas..
- Cover it with the lid untill the onions and the tomatos become paste..
- In the mixy jar add grated coconut, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, poppy seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and the cashews grain it like the smooth paste..
- Add the coconut paste and cook upto 15 mins. Now our salna is ready..
- Omlette preparation: onion, egg, pepper powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt. Mix it well. Pour it on the tawa. Now our onion omlette is ready..
Egg Kothu Parotta or Muttai Parotta is prepared with shredded parotta that is tossed in a sauteed onion-tomato spiced mixture, scrambled eggs and salna.
In most restaurants it is served with raita but.
Other names: Chicken chalna / road side stall parotta kuruma.
If you stroll along the streets of Madras or any place in TamilNadu(India) like Madurai , Tuticorin ,Kovilpatti , Tirunelveli etc., in the night..salna aka empty salna to accompany the parotta,also the word Empty can fit to the alphabet of the day.
As there is no meat or veggies used,its named as Empty Salna.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com