Add the potatoes and cook until soft.
Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well.
Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Smoked salmon.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- Prepare of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend’s appreciation..
Serve potato pancakes with arugula, smoked salmon and creme fraiche mixture.
Cook extra mashed potatoes during the week and you’ll have the basis of this fabulous weekend brunch dish.
Dill helps with digestion and Transfer the pancakes to warmed plates.
Top each with smoked salmon, sour cream, and dill.
Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as necessary.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com