Many variations of the recipe exist.
This Potato Scones Recipe is easy to make and requires few ingredients.
They can be enjoyed on their own with a topping such as butter, margarine, jam, marmalade, grated cheese, etc.
Ingredients of Potato Scone
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 10 g of Sugar.
- It’s 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 60 g of Milk (or cream).
- Prepare 120 g of Potatoes.
Potato Scone instructions
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces. Wrap in plastic and microwave until the potato pieces are soft enough to mash. Let cool and set aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don’t have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add the mashed potatoes and milk to the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix well. (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
They are easy to make, like most scones, and go well with your favourite savoury toppings.
Mash potatoes, add salt and butter and flour to give a stiff mixture.
Cut into triangles and cook on a hot greased griddle.
Potato, or tattie, scones are tasty and easy to make, and they’re a major part of every traditional Scottish breakfast.
How to Make Traditional Scottish Tattie Scones (Potato Scones).
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com