Moist and buttery pumpkin scones makes a wonderful addition to any breakfast table or as a tea time snack.
This time it’s moist and buttery pumpkin cranberry scones.
Pumpkin cranberry scones are tender, buttery, and the perfect treat for a special fall breakfast.
Ingredients of Pumpkin-cranberry scones
- It’s 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin spice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk, very cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of can puree pumpkin.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and drained well.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream, separated.
Pumpkin-cranberry scones instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375° line baking sheet with wax paper.
- In one bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture until coarse..
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, pumpkin and vanilla until smooth..
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the cranberries. Mix until just combined; do not over mix or scones will come out tough..
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, sprinkle of flour and need to gently 4 or 5 times. Pat the dough into a circle that is about one inche thick. Cut the circle in half then cut the halves into 4 pie shaped (triangle) wedges. Place on baking sheet and brush the tops with heavy cream..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean..
I’m so excited to share this delicious recipe with you!
Crumbly and light, these Pumpkin Cranberry Scones are a perfect breakfast or snack during the fall season!
MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO » Pastry Cutter.
These gluten free pumpkin scones with cranberries & pecans are my latest creative use of delicious, healthy pumpkin purée.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones with Cranberries and Pecans.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com