Omurice (오므라이스) is fried rice wrapped in egg omelette.
It’s a fusion dish that combines Asian fried rice with Western omelette and ketchup.
Place the omelet on top of the rice and run a knife length-wise through the top layer of the omelet.
Ingredients of Rice Omelet
- You need 3-4 cups of hot cooked rice.
- You need 50-100 g of chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 1/4 of onion (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot tops (chopped).
- It’s 20 g of butter.
- Prepare 150 cc of water.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 of bouillon cube.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs (beaten).
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk (mix with beaten eggs).
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Rice Omelet instructions
- Melt butter in a pan and stir fry chicken, onion, carrot tops until the chicken is just cooked..
- Add water, ketchup, bouillon, sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until the liquid is almost gone..
- Add the cooked rice and stir fry and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in the plate..
- Heat the oil in another pan with high heat. Pour in the beaten egg (with milk) and cook the egg to desired doneness by shaking the pan. Top with the egg over the rice. Put ketchup on the top..
It’s a perfect example of Western influence on Japanese cuisine.
Omurice, omelet rice, is ketchup fried rice wrapped with a crepe-like thinly fried egg.
Doesn’t sound like Japanese food, does it?
Butter, carrot, celery, cheddar cheese, eggs, garlic, green bell pepper, green chili pepper, ground black pepper, ketchup, onion, red bell pepper, rice, salt, smoked sausage, vegetable oil, white mushrooms.
Omurice, a dish made of spicy ketchup, fried rice, and eggs, is the must-order dish in New York City’s Bar Moga.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com