Ingredients of Sausage Cheddar Egg Muffins
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Jimmy Dean hot sausage (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 9 of Eggs.
- You need 3 tbsp of Coconut Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coconut Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need pinch of Black pepper.
Sausage Cheddar Egg Muffins step by step
- Crumble sausage in a large pan and cook on medium heat until done, breaking the sausage into small pieces.
- Drain sausage of fat and rest on paper towels until cool. Press out as much fat as possible..
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk and butter..
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, pepper, and baking soda..
- Sift the dry ingredients gradually into the wet ingredients, stirring constantly to avoid clumps. This mixture clumps easily! Don’t skip the sifting..
- Stir in cooled and crumbled sausage..
- Fill muffin cups with parchment paper liners (any other kind will stick horribly and you will lose half your muffin!) 3/4 full with mixture. It is OK to over fill them a little. They don’t rise as much as normal muffins..
- Top each filled cup with grated cheddar cheese. Use the sharpest cheese you can find to avoid oil pools on your muffins. Not tasty..
- Bake muffins 45 minutes at 350°F.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME