You can find sun-dried tomatoes in the dried fruit section, which I like better for this recipe than the jarred kind.
This way, you’re just adding the dried tomatoes, not But most scones suffer from being too sweet.
When messing around with scone formulas, I went to the other side—to the savory side.
Ingredients of Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes
- Prepare 2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of frozen butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grated unpack asiago cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Savory scones with sun dried tomatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all dried ingredients in mixing bowl. (You can choose any spices you like, basil, rosemary, thyme. Heck mix it all and see what comes out. As for sun dried tomatoes, add enough where it looks like it’s distributed. Also try onions).
- Mix yogurt and eggs in a separate cup. I just use the measuring cup in which I just use to measure out the yogurt and crack the egg on top.
- Grate about 1/3 stick of butter on course setting directly into four and mix with flour as you go to prevent sticking. Use your finger to breakup the chunks of butter and with the flour in. Add in dining grated cheese..
- Pour cream mixture into flour mixture and mix until large dough clumps form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (It’ll seem like there is not enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together).
- Place on a cutting board (may need to be lightly floured) and pat into a loaf Use a sharp knife to cut into triangles.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 -17 minutes.
His called for finely chopped I substituted the sun-dried tomatoes.
I also had to add more cream than was called for in his recipe.
That may have had something to do with how dry it’s.
A savory scone sure to please. cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, well drained and finely chopped.
Mix milk with egg; stir into flour mixture until moist.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com