Ingredients of Semiya Upma – south indian breakfast
- Prepare 2 cups of vermicelli.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rai.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chana dal.
- It’s leaves of Few curry.
- You need Handful of groundnuts (optional, you can also add Cashew).
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- You need 1.5 glass of water.
Semiya Upma – south indian breakfast step by step
- First peel the potato. Wash it well and then cut into small pieces. Cut onion, green chilli and keep it aside..
- Now take a kadhai, add 1 tbsp ghee to it. Keep it on low simmer. Add sewai. Roast it well till it becomes brown..
- Now keep the roasted sewai aside. Add oil to kadhai. Add jeera, Rai, chana Dal. Fry it well. Now add curry leaves, onion and potato peices. Saute it well. Let the veggies cook properly. Add salt as per requirement..
- Once cooked, add 1.5 glass of water. Let the water boil. After that all the vermicelli. Mix well and let it cook for 5-10 mins..
- Once cooked, it will look like this. Serve it hot. Enjoy vermicelli upma..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME