Ingredients of Snowy Day Pork Chili Breakfast
- You need 2.5 lbs of coarsely ground pork.
- Prepare 1 lb of country sausage.
- You need 2 (7.5 ounce) of cans of chipotle peppers.
- You need 1 (4.0 ounce) of can of mild diced green chilis.
- It’s 1 (4.0 ounce) of can of hot dice jalapeno peppers.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 tbs of chili powder (Chugwater Chili Powder is amazing).
- You need 1/3 cup of pine nuts (substitute almond slivers, or omit, if you want).
Snowy Day Pork Chili Breakfast instructions
- Collect all of your ingredients..
- Put both varieties of meat into a large pot, set on medium heat, and cook until browned. If taking the lazy approach to cooking, just put a lid on the pot and go away for 10 minutes, then come back and chop/stir/mix the meat with a stiff spoon, then cover again and go away for a few more minutes..
- Add the peppers and the pine nuts, along with the chili powder. Mix, and let simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes..
- In a separate small bowl, crack all 6 eggs. Add a bit of black pepper and salt and beat with a fork to mix well..
- Stir the meat and pepper mixture to redistribute the liquids, and then pour the egg on top of the mix. Turn heat down to medium low, and cover the pot with a lid. Allow the eggs to cook for about 12 minutes (they should be set up, but still a bit soft)..
- At this point, some of the remaining grease will likely be on top of the eggs. You can use a large spoon to remove most of this grease..
- Then mix the eggs back into the whole mixture, so small bits of egg are well distributed with the rest of the meat and peppers..
- It’s ready to eat! Enjoy!.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME