While you have the margarine melting in the warming skillet, chop the potatoes, leaving the skins on.
Add some adventure into your morning routine with our Southwest-Style Cheesy Breakfast Skillet recipe.
Packed with delicious Tex-Mex flavors like jalapeño and red peppers, cilantro and chunky salsa, Southwest-Style Cheesy. ~ This easy Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Scramble recipe is a fresh, healthy take on restaurant “skillet” breakfasts.
Ingredients of Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳
- It’s 1 cup of frozen hash browns.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced purple onion.
- Prepare 2 of diced portobello mushrooms.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a jalepeno FINELY diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced cheddar smoked sausage or you could use ground Chorizo.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- You need 1 of corn tortilla cut into thin strips.
- Prepare To taste of Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, sazon, adobo.
Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 step by step
- Heat oil to 375 either in a deep fryer or put a half inch of oil in a shallow fry pan and heat to 375..
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and place them on a paper towel. Fry both eggs to desired doneness in the same oil..
- In a pan mix the potatoes, onion, peppers and spices and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Remove and place in a bowl and top with eggs and tortillas strips and cheese..
- You can serve with salsa and tortillas if you like..
- Mix in mushrooms and your smoked sausage. Cook another 5-7 minutes until hash brown potatoes are crispy..
It’s perfect for meal prep, a weekend breakfast or even dinner!
I can’t even tell you how nice it’s been this week to have our house back and not under construction.
A country skillet breakfast meal, often called Farmer’s Breakfast, of fried potatoes, onions and peppers, eggs, sausage, ham or bacon, and cheese.
This is a great breakfast meal, but honestly, it’s just as good for brunch, lunch or even breakfast for dinner, and.
View the recipe and nutrition for Southwest Chicken Breakfast Skillet (Amy), including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com