Get your day off to a bright and delicious start with these easy breakfast-themed stuffed peppers – if you’re looking for something new to do with your eggs, this is a creative alternative to the fried-poached-omelet rotation and an easy vehicle for plenty of vegetables along with your protein.
Make sure to leave a little room so the egg will fit in nice and securely.
Carefully crack an egg into the top of each bell pepper.
Ingredients of Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
- You need 1/2 lb of Mexican chorizo.
- You need 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s 3 of bell peppers, tops cut and seeded.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Stuffed Breakfast Peppers instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F..
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet until it starts to brown..
- Add onion and garlic and mix very well. Cook for about 3 minutes..
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper..
- Add chorizo to the bowl and mix well..
- Pour mixture in the bell peppers and place them in a shallow baking dish..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked..
- [COMMENT] Half the chorizo that the recipe calls for. Keep top off whilebaking, or else the egg under the top remains uncooked. Get extrapepper..
Cut out the seeds and place the peppers on the prepared baking tray.
I did really well at staying on track for the first few weeks of January.
These stuffed peppers are made for breakfast!
Stuffed with sausage, cheese, jalapeno and egg, they can be made ahead of time and are perfect for meal prep.
Easy and simple to make, it takes no time at all to prep a large batch.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com