Ingredients of Stuffed Breakfast Poblanos
- You need 2 of Poblano Peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- It’s 4 large of Eggs.
- It’s 4 of Breakfast Sausage Links.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Chopped Cilantro.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- It’s 2 of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion.
- You need 1/3 of Jalapeño.
- You need 1 of as needed Cotija Cheese (crumbled).
- It’s 1 of as needed Salsa (homemade is best!!).
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Stuffed Breakfast Poblanos instructions
Coat poblanos lightly in olive oil and place on baking sheet under broiler, turning as they char. Once charred & bubbly place in paper bag (school lunch style) and close. Let rest for at least 15 min. You can also place peppers in bowl covered with Saran Wrap. Once done steaming, very carefully remove the outer skin on the pepper. Set aside to fill later.
Meanwhile add potatoes to hot pan with a bit of oil & butter and season with a salt, pepper and cumin to taste. Let get nice and crispy. Cook sausage links according to package (pan or even microwave) and slice into pieces.
While potatoes cook, dice all the veggies and prep the poblanos (peel the waxy skin off, it will come off easily, and carefully slice a slit on one side of pepper and scrape out seeds. Crack eggs into bowl and beat till frothy with a splash of milk.
Once potatoes are cooked, add the eggs right in same pan and scramble with potatoes. Also add the cooked sausage, onions, tomatoes & jalapeños.
Get Latest Recipe : HOME