Fill the pocket in the French Toast with cream cheese filling.
Cut the stuffed French Toast into quarters and arrange on a platter.
When the toast is done, add remaining butter and melt.
Ingredients of Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream
- It’s 6-8 slices of brioche bread (depends on size of slices).
- It’s of confectioners sugar for garnish (optional).
- Prepare 2 of tbls. butter for cooking.
- Prepare of Egg Mixture:.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 of tbls. heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tsp. of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of tbls. Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Compote:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh blueberries.
- It’s 2 of tbls. Lemon juice.
- It’s of *You can serve your compote chilled or warm**.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Filling:.
- It’s 6 oz. of whipped cream cheese.
- You need 1 of tbls. chopped fresh mint.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Granulated sugar.
- It’s of Whipped Cream:.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2-4 of tbls. confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract.
Stuffed Brioche French Toast with Blueberry Compote & Whipped Cream step by step
- Make your blueberry compote. Add 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, and 2 Tbls. of fresh lemon juice to a small pot. Set the heat to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir frequently for about 10 minutes. When most of the blueberries have broken down, add the remaining 1 cup of fresh blueberries and let cook for another minute or two. Turn off heat and set the compote aside. You may serve this warm or chilled, depending on preference..
- Make your cream cheese filling. Chop approximately 1 Tbls. of fresh mint and add to a small bowl with 6 oz. of whipped cream cheese. Add 1 Tsp. of lemon zest to the bowl. Add about 1 Tsp. of honey and 1 Tsp. off granulated sugar. Mix until everything is evenly distributed. Don’t forget to taste and see if you need to adjust it to your liking! Place in the fridge until needed..
- Make your whipped cream. Place 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into a chilled mixing bowl (To do this, place a mixing bowl and whisk or whisk attachments in your freezer for 10-15 minutes). Add at least 2 Tbls. of confectioners sugar and 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract. We used 4. Tbls. of sugar to make the whipped cream sweeter. Using a stand mixer, egg beater, or your own hands, whisk the mixture until you’ve reached stiff peaks and the whipped cream holds it’s shape. Place in the fridge until needed..
- Make your egg mixture. Crack 3 eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbls. of heavy cream, 2 Tsp. of ground cinnamon, 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 Tbls. granulated sugar and whisk until well-mixed. Of course, you can adjust these amounts as needed. Maybe you like to turn the sweetness up even more!.
- Slice the brioche loaf into 8 thick (about 1 inch or so) slices. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on one side of each slide. Take two slices and place one on top of the other as if you were assembling a sandwich, with the cream cheese in the middle. Dredge each ‘sandwich’ in the egg mixture. Leave the sandwich submerged, flipping a few times, for about 10-15 seconds. This will ensure your bread has soaked up all the wonderful gooeyness. While preparing the French toast, place about 2 Tbls.
- Okay, you have made it to the end. Assemble your French toast with the whipped cream and blueberry compote. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, fresh mint and/or maple syrup if desired! Now go eat..
This recipe has been swirling in my mind for a while now, in my queue of things to publish this year.
Working in batches, dip half of the brioche slices in the cream and egg mixture, turning them once, until the slices are moistened but not soggy.
Remove the French toast from the oven.
Top with the strawberry compote, whipped cream and pine nuts and serve warm.
Stuffed with a tangy cream cheese filling and topped with a sweet peach compote, this stuffed french toast is a stunner for any brunch and on the table in minutes!
Get Latest Recipe : HOME
source : https://www.cookpad.com