Ingredients of Whole Moong Daal Dhokla – Perfect Breakfast
- It’s of For Dhokla :.
- It’s 1 cup of Whole Green Daal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Besan or gram flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Curd or Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- You need 2 of Green Chilli.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Eno.
- Prepare 1/2 of Juice of lemon.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare of For Tempering:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds or Rai.
- It’s 3 of Chopped chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White Sesame.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar (optional).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Water.
Whole Moong Daal Dhokla – Perfect Breakfast step by step
Wash and soak the whole moong daal for overnight.
Grind the soaked whole moong daal with ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves, besan or gram flour, curd and very little water (2 tbsp) to a semi coarse paste.
Keep 2 cups of water in deep kadai and put a stand in it. Cover it and let it boil for 5 minutes. Now add Eno in a dhokla batter and pour 1 tsp of lemon juice over it. Mix it well..
Pour prepared batter into the greased pan and place it on the stand inside the kadai.
Cover the kadai and steam the dhokla on high flame for 15 – 20 minutes.
To check the doneness, insert a toothpick. If the mixture does not stick, it means the dhokla is done (If the toothpick has the batter on it, then steam dhokla for another 5 minutes)..
Switch off the flame and allow dhokla to cool completely.
Insert a knife around the edges to loosen up dhokla. Flip it over onto a plate and cut into squares..
Heat oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. Let them papaya first.
Then add white sesame and allow to crackle.
Then add chopped chilli, sugar. Now add water, lemon juice and let it boil for 1 minute. Switch off the flame.
Spread tempering over dhokla and garnish with chopped coriander leaves cut into the desired shape and enjoy..
Get Latest Recipe : HOME